The KKH Psychosocial Trauma Support Service (PTSS) is a dynamic team of multidisciplinary professionals, who provide psychological and emotional support to help women, children and their families recover from traumatic experiences. Apart from hospital-based clinical work at KKH, PTSS is also involved in enhancing the capacity and capability of Singapore’s community to provide post crisis/trauma psycho-emotional support and interventions through its community project work.
We are looking for a full time Senior/Clinical Psychologist who is interested to work in a supportive and nurturing environment, with opportunities for growth in the specialised field of psychological trauma. The applicant would also be looking to contribute to the growth and development of women trauma services in KKH. There may be some opportunities to be involved in child trauma clinical work and project related work as well.
As a PTSS Clinical Psychologist for the Women’s Trauma work, you will be involved in:
- Hospital-based work: Providing specialised psycho-emotional assessments and interventions for women with trauma-related concerns in outpatient settings. There may also be opportunities to provide the same assessments and interventions for children with trauma-related concerns, in inpatient/outpatient settings.
- Clinical training and supervision: Clinical training, professional individual and group supervision will be provided to develop your professional growth and expertise in the area of trauma work.
- Service development: For candidates applying for the Senior Psychologist position, you will also assist in the development of the women’s service, and any relevant evaluation and research in relations to the service.
- Graduated with a MPsych or DPsych degree in Clinical Psychology.
- Proficiency in English (spoken and written), possess effective interpersonal skills, and good psychological report writing skills.
- Possess relevant qualifications to obtain registration as a full member with a recognised professional body (e.g., Singapore Psychological Society, Australian Psychological Society etc.)
- At least 4 years of relevant clinical experience (for the position of Senior Clinical Psychologist).
- Experience in providing clinical supervision is desirable, for candidates applying for the Senior Psychologist position.
- Past clinical experience in adult and/or child trauma work is desirable but not a pre-requisite to be eligible for this position.
If you have an interest in trauma work, and share our passion for making a meaningful impact to our patients and their families, we invite you to be a part of our multi-disciplinary team. Interested applicants can submit their latest resume to email@example.com.
While the Society takes care to ensure the accuracy of the advertisement, all information contained are provided on based on present circumstances to the best of the Society’s knowledge and that the Society assumes no liability for and does not make any warranty nor endorsement, express or implied, on the accuracy, correctness, completeness of the advertisement. Under no circumstances will the Society assume liability to any party acting in reliance of the advertisement. The Society does not in any way endorse the above advertised course.