NUHS Memory, Aging, & Cognition Centre: Neurocognition Core Opportunity for a Research Fellow
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
To lead academic research on cognition in study cohorts, conduct data analysis and write scientific manuscripts and grant applications. To provide supervision to junior staff in academic and non-academic duties. Additional duties include administration and neuropsychological assessments.
Candidates will gain extensive training and exposure to research skills (study conduct / planning, data analysis, and scientific writing) as well as supervision skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Validate cognitive rating instruments in the Singaporean population.
- Provide cognitive rating services for clinical trials and collaborative projects.
- Work with investigators to develop culturally sensitive cognitive interventions, and thereafter provide interventions as a service for clinical trials.
- Provide neuropsychological and neurobehavioural assessments for mood, anxiety, stress, resilience, personality traits, behavior / habits, and emotional and social intelligence.
- Provide expertise to work with users on design of consent forms, case report forms and protocols.
- Provide training for Neurocognition core users (seminars, workshops and tutorials) and to train junior staff to provide rating services for clinical trials.
- Provide supervision to research assistants / research associates
(A) EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Research Fellow–PhD in cognitive psychology, neuropsychology, epidemiology or other relevant subjects;
- Previous working experience in clinical/research settings administering neuropsychological assessments and clinical interviews;
- An excellent track record of scientific publications and achievements.
- Fluency in English in mandatory;
- Fluency in Chinese (including dialects), Malay or Tamil will be an added advantage
A/Prof Christopher Chen
Director of MACC
Email address: email@example.com
Applications should reach us by 31 Aug 2017.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
While the Society takes care to ensure the accuracy of the advertisement, all information contained are provided on based on present circumstances to the best of the Society’s knowledge and that the Society assumes no liability for and does not make any warranty nor endorsement, express or implied, on the accuracy, correctness, completeness of the advertisement. Under no circumstances will the Society assume liability to any party acting in reliance of the advertisement.