Position of Research Assistant / Research Associate
This is a multi-Agency national longitudinal research project. The project focuses on the rehabilitation and reintegration of youth offenders in Singapore. The target sample is youth offenders and youth at risk. The study will examine the interaction between developmental and environmental factors with regard to offending, and investigates the influence of these factors on successful rehabilitation and reintegration of youth into society.
Research Assistant – Job Description and Responsibilities
The research officer will serve as the crucial link between the study and its participants, and be in charge of recruiting and interviewing participants for the study.
- Liaise and coordinate with Government Agencies involved to identify potential participants
- Engage with potential participants to recruit and seek consent for participation
- Arrange and conduct interviews with participants
- Build rapport and maintain contact with participants for annual interviews
- Provide feedback on interview sessions with participants
- Meticulously maintain and collate records of contact with participants and data collected
- Innovate to improve processes within the study, particularly in recruitment and data collection
- Contribute in preparing interview questions
- Contribute in preparing data for analysis
- Contribute in preparing findings for dissemination in multiple formats (e.g., powerpoint, infographics, video)
- Able to communicate effectively and build rapport with individuals from different backgrounds
- Able to work flexible work hours – i.e. outside of regular office hours (e.g. evenings and weekends)
- Able to work independently and autonomously with participants in recruitment and interviews
- Dynamic, resourceful, and able to work independently but also as a team.
- Proficiency in MS Office (particularly in Excel and Powerpoint)
Research Associate – Job Description and Responsibilities
The Research Associate/ Fellow will perform a crucial role in managing the data-related tasks in the study.
- Provide leadership and expertise in the development and implementation of Research Data Management
- Conduct data analysis and communicate findings to stakeholders
- Prepare research reports and publications
- Undertake administrative tasks related to the research project
- Participate in research related activities (seminars, workshops, etc.)
- A Master’s degree in relevant areas, degree by research or at least two years’ experience in large scale research projects
- Proficient in data-related tasks
- Excellent scientific writing skills
- Excellent in quantitative research methods (such as SEM) and proficient in the use of SPSS or other software such as R, Mplus, Stata.
- Excellent work planning and time management skills
- Able to multi-task and work under pressure in a changing environment
- Good communication skills (e.g. inter-personal skills, ability to present findings to different stakeholders)
- Strong interest in research in the forensic and rehabilitation field
- Self-motivated: Able to work well both independently and as a member of a team
- Passion for high-impact research
Applicants are expected to address all requirements and job responsibilities.
All applications and informal enquiries should be sent to Ms Chan Sze Qian via firstname.lastname@example.org. We regret that only successful candidates will be notified (via email).
While the Society takes care to ensure the accuracy of the advertisement, all information contained are provided on based on present circumstances to the best of the Society’s knowledge and that the Society assumes no liability for and does not make any warranty nor endorsement, express or implied, on the accuracy, correctness, completeness of the advertisement. Under no circumstances will the Society assume liability to any party acting in reliance of the advertisement. The Society does not in any way endorse the above advertised course.