Organized by the SRP, this 2-day workshop introduces participants to the competency-based model of clinical supervision that has now been widely adopted across the globe for professional training. Each of the main competency domains within supervision is described, and interactive exercises introduce participants to how to address the development of competency domains within regular supervisory practice. Key elements of clinical supervision are incorporated into the workshop, including how to build a strong supervisory relationship, and techniques for encouraging reflective practice.
DAY 1 (0900 – 1700hrs)
- Introduction to competency-based models for clinical supervision
- Blending competency models with other supervision models
- Building the framework for safe and productive supervisory practice
- Setting competency-based supervision goals
- Addressing attitudes and values competencies explicitly
- Tools for building knowledge competencies within supervision
DAY 2 (0900 – 1700hrs)
- Tools for building skills competencies
- Broadening the competency lens: meta-competencies
- Tools for reflective practice
- Providing feedback in supervision
- Evaluation in supervision
- Workshop evaluation
About the Trainer
Mark Donovan works as Director at Northfields Clinic, within the School of Psychology at the University of Wollongong, where he trains and supervises the next generation of clinical psychologists while managing a mental health clinic. Mark also works in private practice, specializing in working with children and families. Mark has previously worked in University and Health Service settings in the United Kingdom and Australia, and has 25 years of practice as a registered psychologist. Mark has presented at national and international conferences and workshops on a range of topics over the past 20 years, including clinical supervision, mindful parenting, cognitive behavioural therapy, acceptance and commitment therapy and narrative therapy. Mark has trained supervisors for the Australian Psychological Society over the past two years, delivering workshops in each Australian capital city on competency-based clinical supervision as well as offering masterclasses to more experienced supervisors.
Details of Workshop
Date: 19th and 20th July
Venue: To be confirmed
Time: 9am – 5pm
Interested? Seats are limited and sign ups are on a first come first serve basis. Open to SRP members only. Please input your SRP number (under SPS membership no field) when registering.