Group Psychotherapy SIG invites Silvia Wetherell to speak about:
Maternal Mental Health: Myths and Tips
- What are the best psychological interventions to help a new mother experiencing frightening intrusive thoughts about harming her baby?
- How would do you work with a woman who has just delivered a stillborn at 35 weeks with no apparent cause?
- What are the main causal factors behind Prenatal Anxiety and what treatments are available?
Unsure of the answers? Join us for our upcoming talk on Maternal Mental Health.
- To counsel new mothers in distress demands a set of skills and expertise that unfortunately most educational institutions omit from their curriculum.
- Considering the negative and long-lasting impact of adverse maternal mental health on the developing baby, it is paramount that professionals in Singapore are equipped to serve this population.
Join us for an interactive discussion dispelling common myths and learning the Dos and Don’ts of working with women perinatally either in individual or group setting
Silvia Wetherell is a Registered Counsellor practicing at a private Obstetric clinic (The Choolani Clinic) at Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospital in Singapore. She has a special interest in maternal mental health, helping her clients work through pre and postpartum depression and anxiety, pregnancy loss, birth trauma, difficulties with bonding, relationship adjustment, anger management and early parenting issues. Having been trained in London and with a Masters from Monash University, Silvia practices integratively from a humanistic perspective and incorporates mindfulness and EMDR in her counselling approach. Silvia is also a Postpartum Support International Coordinator and Co-founder and facilitator of the free support group for mothers, Mindful Mums.
Date: 26 March 2019, Tuesday
Time: 6.30pm – 8.30pm
Venue: Management Development Institute of Singapore, Stirling Road, Blk E, level 3, Room 3044
Group Psychotherapy SIG Members / SRP – Free
SPS Members – $5
Non-SPS Members – $15
Registration is on a first come first serve basis. Register by the 24 March 2019!
Sign up for SIG
Not a Group Psychotherapy SIG Member just yet? Click here to sign up now.
Venue: Management Development Institute of Singapore
Venue Website: https://www.mdis.edu.sg/Address: