The Singapore Psychological Society Student Research Awards are back for another year to celebrate our students’ excellence in research and writing! Since their inception in 2004 the Student Research Awards have been acknowledging and celebrating psychological research conducted here in Singapore, and of relevance to the Singaporean community.
Submissions from students currently studying psychology in any institution in Singapore are welcome. Shortlisted students will be invited to present their research at the Student Research Awards online event (via Zoom) in October/November 2020.
A range of awards will be conferred, including the prestigious Fred Long Award for the overall winner. Keep an eye on SPS social media pages for information about past Student Research Award winners.
Information for Submission:
- Research has been conducted in Singapore and/or with Singaporean populations in the past year.
- Authors are studying Psychology in an institution in Singapore.
- Research methodology is qualitative, quantitative, mixed methods, or systematic review.
- Individual and group submissions will be accepted.
- Authors must be available to attend the online Student Research Awards on either the 31 October or 7 November 2020.
- Abstracts and research papers should be in APA style.
- Word count should be 3000, 5000, and 5000 words (not including references) for diploma, undergraduate and postgraduate papers respectively.
- Complete this checklist to accompany your submission.
- Ensure your paper is anonymised i.e. there is no way of identifying the authors on the paper itself.
- Send your submission and checklist to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email subject heading should be as follows: SRASubmission_Name of first author e.g. SRASubmission_Bob Chan.
- If your research paper is co-authored please ask co-authors to email us at email@example.com to confirm they have given permission for you to submit the research paper.
The deadline for submissions is 31 August 2020.
Do not hesitate to contact us for further enquiries. We look forward to receiving all your submissions!