The Singapore Psychological Society Student Research Awards are back for another year to celebrate our students’ excellence in research and writing! Since their inception in 2004 the Student Research Awards have been acknowledging and celebrating psychological research conducted here in Singapore, and of relevance to the Singaporean community.
Submissions from students currently studying psychology in any institution in Singapore are welcome. Shortlisted students will be invited to present their research at the Student Research Awards online event in December 2021.
A range of awards will be conferred, including the prestigious Fred Long Award for the overall winner. Keep an eye on SPS social media pages for information about past Student Research Award winners.
Information for Submission:
- Research has been conducted in Singapore and/or with Singaporean populations in the past year.
- Authors are studying Psychology in an institution in Singapore.
- Research methodology is qualitative, quantitative, mixed methods, or systematic review. Literature reviews and Meta-analyses are also accepted.
- Individual and group submissions will be accepted.
- Authors must be available to attend the online Student Research Awards in December 2021.
- Abstracts and research papers should be in APA style.
- Word count should be 3000, 5000, and 5000 words (not including references) for diploma, undergraduate and postgraduate papers respectively.
- Complete this checklist to accompany your submission.
- Ensure your paper is anonymised i.e. there is no way of identifying the authors on the paper itself.
- Send your submission and checklist to email@example.com. The email subject heading should be as follows: SRASubmission_Name of first author e.g. SRASubmission_Bob Chan.
- If your research paper is co-authored please ask co-authors to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm they have given permission for you to submit the research paper.
The deadline for submissions is 19 September 2021.
For further information see our FAQ below or contact email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does the research proposed have to be carried out with real life data?
You can choose to submit quantitative and qualitative papers based on real life experimental data, or alternatively, submit a systematic review paper.
- I am not sure if the topic of my abstract fits well with SRA.
The topic should be relevant to and applicable to the Singapore context. If you are unsure if your research meets this criteria please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Can I make more than one submission?
Yes, as long as submissions are not duplicated i.e. each submission is unique.
- Will I receive email confirmation of my submission?
You will receive an email confirmation from email@example.com, once we have confirmed your submission. If you need a copy of this for record purposes, please print or save this.
- What criteria will the research submissions be judged on?
A judging rubric will be used by judges to evaluate submissions. The rubric will not be made available to students.
- When will I know if my submission has been shortlisted?
Shortlisted authors will be contacted via email by 14 November 2021.
- My paper did not get shortlisted. Am I able to appeal?
The decision of the judging committee is final. The committee will not respond to further enquiries or appeals.
- Where can I find the APA Guidelines?
APA guidelines can be found here. Submissions must be in APA 7th Edition format.
- What is included in the word count?
The total word count includes tables, figures and captions, but does not include references.
- I cannot attend the online SRA event. Can I still submit a research paper?
Shortlisted authors must be able to attend the SRA event in order to be eligible to receive an award.
|show details +||$0.00 (SGD)||Expired|
Ticket for Non-SPS Members (Group Submission)
Sale Dates- The dates when this option is available for purchase.
Goes On Sale: 12/05/2018 7:20 pm
Sales End: 12/05/2018 8:20 pm
Access- This option allows access to the following dates and times.