For SRP membership application, please click the following link: SRP Application Form (revised).
(II) Process of Registration
Qualified psychologists who wish to register for the first time must submit the relevant application documents (please refer to the SRP Application Form for a complete description of requirements)
- Completed application form (Form 1)
- Documentation of Full SPS Membership (e.g., SPS Membership Number)
- Certified true copies of all transcripts and certificates
- Certified true copies of Practicum/Supervision Hours OR certified true copies of documents verifying that you are/were a licensed/ registered/chartered psychologist legally allowed to practice as a professional psychologist in: Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom or the United States of America
- One copy of NRIC or passport
- One passport sized photograph (Do not glue or staple. Please write your full name and NRIC number behind)
- Two character reference forms (Form 2)
- Application fee of $100 (made payable to the ‘Singapore Psychological Society’). You may also use the paypal link below to set up a recurring payment for automatic renewal.
Certified true copies of all transcripts and credentials are required, and the original copies may also be required for further verification. Prior to obtaining an official approval from the Singapore Psychological Society, applicants must refrain from using the title of 'Registered Psychologist (Singapore)'. Notifications of registrations are sent to the successful applicants by post and include the Certificates of Registration (suitable for framing and display at the place of professional practice), registration numbers and effective periods of the registrations. This title (along with the Registration number) may be printed on name cards and other means of professional identification.
Requirements for Registration
|Action to be taken|
Masters or Doctoral Degree in Applied Psychology from a recognised institution
Minimum of 1000 hours of supervised practical experience
Full member of SPS
|Apply for Full SPS membership|
(III) Standards Development and Professional Development Policy
When the SRP was first formed at the end of December 2001, the standards, which were set to qualify for registration, were appropriate to the developmental stage of the profession of psychology in Singapore at that time. As the profession matures, these standards will be revisited. Initial registration requirements in Singapore consisted of a Masters or Doctoral degree in Applied Psychology, full membership of SPS and evidence of 400 hours of supervised experience, of which 240 hours had to involve face to face client contact (60%), 80 hours had to involve supervision including at least 40 hours of individual (one-to-one) supervision (20%) and 80 hours could have consisted of other activities (e.g., psychological report writing)(20%).
Over the years, we moved to require an increase in the current practicum requirements from 400 to 600 hours, to 800 hours and eventually to 1000 hours in January 2010 to meet international standards. Please note that the current 2010 breakdown requirements for hours were reviewed in 2016 to reflect the following: (please refer to the SRP application form for more details).
Table 1: Suggested revisions to the registration hourly requirements.
Total Hours Client Contact Supervision Other
2010 criteria onwards
Please pay for SRP membership here (only for new members):
Click the link below to make payment: