Students Research Award – 2013
This Award is an initiative of the Singapore Psychological Society to support young researchers, facilitate dialogue and maintain professional interactions between members and non-members.
Date: 19 Oct 13 (Saturday)
Participants: Students and recent graduates of Universities, Polytechnics and Colleges located in Singapore.
- Students should send the abstracts (up to 300 words) to email@example.com stating in the email subject “SRA-2013”.
- Deadline: 31 Aug 13
- The abstracts will be subjected to blind review.
- Notification of acceptance will be sent by 15 Sept 13.
- Authors of accepted works will be required to send the full papers (1500 words) by 1 Oct 13 and should be ready to present their papers in case of being the Award nominee, or prepare a poster presentation.
All papers will be published in the Student Research Award Book.
Note: group work may be also presented.
SPS members: Free
Non-SPS members (students, individual works): S$25
Non-SPS members (group papers/per submission): S$50
Non-students (attendees): S$35
Note: Payment can be provided by the institutions as well.
All the participants will
- get free admissions to the talks and workshops provided on the day of Award,
- receive certificates of attendance and electronic version of Student Research Award Book – 2013.
Format Requirement for Abstract
- Name of Author(s)
- Main abstract body: practical or scientific problem, goals, hypothesis, methodology, results, and conclusion. References should not be included in to the abstract.
Format Requirement for Full Paper
- Name of Author(s)
- Key words
- Introduction: practical or scientific problem, theoretical background goals, hypothesis.
- Methodology: participants, recruitment, methods
- Reference list (not included in word count).
Note: paper should be written in APA format
Nominations are in 5 categories
1. The Best individual work
2. The Best group work
3. The Best B.A. undergraduate research
4. The Best Specialist Diploma undergraduate research
5. Public Award (online voting)