Type of Memberships (Local / Overseas)
Full Member Local (S$75) / Full Member Overseas (S$105)**, the minimum qualifications are one of the following:
- Bachelor/Master* degree in psychology or equivalent, recognised by the society AND 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Bachelor degree in psychology or equivalent, recognised by the society, together with a further qualification in psychology which may be a Masters or a Doctoral degree or equivalent.
- A Master/Doctoral/Postgraduate professional* qualification in a specialised field in psychology from a recognised academic institution, such qualification having entailed supervised practical training of not less than 400 hours in a variety of settings.
- Licensed/Chartered/Registered* psychologist legally entitled to practice as a professional psychologist in one of the following countries or states: Australia, Canada, New Zealand, USA, UK or Great Britain and Northern Ireland, or such other countries as the Council may from time to time determine.
- Full membership with an overseas national psychological society recognised by the society.
Associate Member Local (S$60) / Associate Member Overseas (S$90)**, the minimum qualifications are one of the following:
- Degree with 50% of curriculum in Psychology.
- General degree in Psychology.
- Honours degree in Psychology.
- Master degree in Psychology.
Affiliate Member Local (S$45) / Affiliate Member Overseas (S$75)**, the minimum requirement shall be completion of a tertiary education.
Student Member Local (S$30) / Student Member Overseas (S$60)**, the minimum requirement shall be full time or part time enrollment in one or more Psychology courses at a tertiary institution.
The following group discount for student membership applications apply to Psychology students studying at Singapore universities:
- For 50 applicants, 25% of the processing fee will be waived.
- For 100 applicants, 50% of the processing fee will be waived.
- For 150 or more applicants, 75% of the processing fee will be waived.
For bulk processing of application forms (with relevant documents and fees), they have to be submitted via your institution's student representative and forwarded to the Secretariat's office.
** Note that an administrative fee of $30.00 will accompany all new membership applications (local and overseas). An additional $30.00 overseas fee will be applicable to all overseas applicants to cover any overseas cost. This is to be paid over and above the above mentioned membership fees.
Only members appropriately qualified under clauses VII 2(c), (3)or (4) shall be entitled to use the following designations; Clinical Psychologist; Counselling Psychologist; Educational Psychologist; Industrial or Occupational Psychologist or any combination of these latter terms.
A Fellow must be well-established and has made substantial original contribution to the advancement of psychological knowledge or practice. Fellows of the SPS shall either be proposed by Fellows of overseas psychological societies or by the Council. Honorary Fellows shall be unanimously invited by the Council after seeking the counsel of eminent psychologists within and beyond Singapore.
Upgrading of Membership
A member who is interested to upgrade his/her membership would still be required to pay dues as stated in the due reminder. A grace period of 3 months will be given to submit the relevant documents for upgrading. The applicant will have to pay the respective category membership fees.
Check status application
Note: Completed membership applications are reviewed by Membership Committee at its monthly meeting and sent to the next monthly Council Meeting for approval. Please allow up to 6 weeks for processing of SPS membership applications after you have completed your submission, payment and submission of supporting documents. SPS is a professional society run by volunteer psychologists for psychologists and in service of the community.