- Join SPS
- SPS Membership
- SPS Criteria and Categories of Membership
- Membership Benefits
- Membership FAQs
- SRP Membership
- SRP Professional Development
- SPS FAQs
- SRP Approved Supervisor Application
- Special Interest Groups
- [SIGs]: Listing
- Clinical Psychology Special Interest Group
- Coaching Psychology Special Interest Group
- Counselling Psychology Special Interest Group
- Educational Psychology Special Interest Group
- Group Psychology Special Interest Group
- Industrial Organisational Psychology Special Interest Group
- [SIGs]: Terms of Reference
- How to reach us?
Full Member (S$100)*, the minimum qualifications are one of the following:
- Bachelor/Master degree in psychology or equivalent, recognised by the society AND 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Bachelor degree in psychology or equivalent, recognised by the society, together with a further qualification in psychology which may be a Masters or a Doctoral degree or equivalent.
- A Master/Doctoral/Postgraduate professional* qualification in a specialised field in psychology from a recognised academic institution, such qualification having entailed supervised practical training of not less than 400 hours in a variety of settings.
- Licensed/Chartered/Registered psychologist legally entitled to practice as a professional psychologist in one of the following countries or states: Australia, Canada, New Zealand, USA, UK or Great Britain and Northern Ireland, or such other countries as the Council may from time to time determine.
- Full membership with an overseas national psychological society recognised by the society.
Associate Member (S$80)*, the minimum qualifications are one of the following:
- Polytechnic Diploma in Psychology.
- Graduate Diploma in Psychology.
- Post-graduate diploma in Psychology.
- Degree with 50% of curriculum in Psychology.
- General degree in Psychology.
- Honours degree in Psychology.
- Master degree in Psychology.
Student Member (S$30)*, the minimum requirement shall be full time or part time enrollment in one or more Psychology courses at a tertiary institution.
Student membership applicants will not be charged any administrative fees.
Upgrading of Membership
A member who is interested to upgrade his/her membership would still be required to pay dues as stated in the due reminder. A grace period of 3 months will be given to submit the relevant documents for upgrading. The applicant will have to pay the respective category membership fees.
Check Status Application
Note: Completed membership applications are reviewed by Membership Committee at its monthly meeting and sent to the next monthly Council Meeting for approval. Please allow up to 6 weeks for processing of SPS membership applications after you have completed your submission, payment and submission of supporting documents. SPS is a professional society run by volunteer psychologists for psychologists and in service of the community.